VALERIANIVNA is the first and only Ukranian Valerian remedy that implements the European approach for dosing of Valerian extract to ensure rapid and significant sedative effect.
- According to European studies, a single dose of 100 mg valerian root extract delivers the placebo effect. Tangible sedative effect is achieved by one-time intake of 300 mg of Valerian extract, and soporific effect – at a dose of 600-1200 mg.
- Thus EU dosing standards (EFSA) are defined as >300-600 mg of extract of Valerian root per capsule or tablet. Efficiency and safety of such dose has been justified by numerous studies.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has no evidence of side effects of Valerian root extract when taken according as recommended. Even a single dose of 20 g of extract is recognized as safe. At the same time, the WHO has the data about cases of toxicity of preparations where other herbal components are present beside the Valerian root.
- Unlike benzodiazepines and barbiturates, Valerian extracts are non-addictive.
- Depending on the environment where Valerian is cultivated, collected and processed, the content of essential oils and isovaleric acid in the extract may vary more than 10 times! That is why it is strongly recommended to use the standardized Valerian root extracts.
Evidence-based medicine has proven that Valerian is safe and effective sedative and soporific for different age groups, different cases of sleep disorders and stress.
VALERIANIVNA: product features
Product form: gelatin capsules № 10, № 20 in blisters.
dry Valerian extract (Valeriana officinalis L.) – 300 mg.
Country of origin of the substance: Spain.
Properties of Valerian extract:
Rhizomes and roots of Valerian can be used as a means of soothing plant in many world countries. Valerian contains biologically active substances which reduce reflex excitability of the central nervous system, accelerate and improve the process of sleep, restore the structure of sleep. The active components of the extract have sedative (tranquilizing), anxiolytic (anti-anxiety), anticonvulsant and antispasmodic effect.
Recommendations for the use:
The intake of VALERIANIVNA is recommended as an additional source of essential oil, isovaleric acid in order to:
- prevention and mitigation of the flow of sleep disorders;
- removal of the manifestations of stress, anxiety and nervous strain;
- acheive soothing effect.
Administration and recommended daily dose:
Adults may take 1-2 capsules 1-2 times a day. Capsules should be taken without chewing, drinking enough water after.
By sleep disorders 1 capsule should be taken 30 minutes before sleep or 2 times during the afternoon: 1 capsule 2-3 hours before sleep and 1 capsule 30 minutes before sleep.
Course of taking has to be agreed with a doctor.
During the use please abstain from the driving vehicles and others jobs which need attention, rapid mental and motor responses.
Pregnancy, period of lactation, idiosyncrasy, liver and kidney failure.
Store in original container at a temperature not exceeding 25°C and a relative humidity of 75% in a dry, protected from light.
Shelf-life: 2 years.
Country of production: Ukraine.